Monday, June 21, 2004

Feeling mad and helpless

The beheading of Paul Johnson really upset me. He reminded me (in looks, a little) of my dad (who died a couple of years ago of a heart attack at age 54). I mean, I KNEW they were going to kill him, but man. What was he thinking those last few hours? What would you do if you were in that position? I mean, do YOU know you are going to die? Would you try to kill yourself? Try to reason with the terrorists? Beg for your life like that poor Korean guy? He is probably dead as I write this. How much pain would you feel in a beheading? Would you pass out immediately? I don't think so. I watched the Nick Berg video, and he just wailed. That was the worst part- hearing him scream. And he KEPT screaming. I would rather be shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home